Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Just toy subs again...

On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 12:58 PM, Jake Colman wrote:\
> Speaking of toy subs, I happen to own a radio controlled sea wolf sub.
> bought it from amazon.com for about 75 bucks. It has a propeller that
> pushes
> it forward and backward and the propeller itself turns to push it left
> and
> right. There is a little motor on the bottom that pushes it up and
> down in
> the water. I love it. It can keep me (and everyone watching)
> entertained for
> hours, or until the batteries run out;)

Cool. I've seen pictures; I know the one you're talking about. Do you
do anything to adjust the buoyancy, before sending it off? Or does it
just ride really low in the water, and use that "up and down" propeller
to control depth?

I'm not going as far as to say, "That's as close as I'll ever get" --
but for the time being, little toys and models like that, and
conglomerations of pop bottles and hoses and duct tape, is where I'm
getting all my submarine experience.