Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS viewports

Hi Curtis,

To relieve the stresses induced into the viewport material when machined
to size. Without annealing the viewport has weak spots that can accelerate
failures.

Get a hold of this book if you want details:

Title:	Acrylic Plastic Viewports
Author:	Jerry D. Stachiw

Pub.:	Marcel Dekker, Inc.
        270 Madison Avenue
        New York, NY  10016
Pages:
Year:
ISBN:
Cost:	$100
Synop.:	Very detailed discussion into acrylic viewports. This topic
	was Jerry's lifes work. Complete with charts and tables
	derived at via imperical tests. Including destructive
	and cyclical testing.

Regards,
Ray