Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Calculations

I have recently aquired more information, however I still uncertain of several things. I found this link: http://hotconnect.com/tank/vertair.htm and I am considering the 36" by 98" tank made with carbon steel, but I am unsure which pressure rating to use, the depths I am considering will be in the 50-100 meter range, but possibly shallower since this will mainly be used in freshwater
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Jackson
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 11:12 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Calculations

I am trying to do some calculations to figure out such things as crush depth and required hull thickness. The constants are that the pressure hull will be 36 inches in internal diameter and 100 inches long, and what I need to know is the relationship of hull thickness versus crush-depth with these parameters. If anyone can provide me results or information of a simple calculation program, I would be much appreciative.

Thank you,
Chris Jackson