[PSUBS-MAILIST] Just toy subs again...

Sorry fellers -- it has just not been possible to give this list (nor
lots of other stuff) the attention it deservers lately. And then when I
have something to say, it's more frivolous stuff.

But there's this cheap little toy I found that's pretty cool, that
seems likely to hold the interest of guys on this list longer than it
would most little kids.

If you look in the pool toys area of your local WalMart or similar (I
also saw them in a Mills Fleet Farm), there's this little gadget named
a "Sub Bug." They come carded, hanging on a peg, in various bright
colors. It's sort of a little torpedo, that runs on one "AA" cell, with
a little prop on the back. And since there's nothing to offset the
torque, the whole body spins wildly out of control, which makes it
careen around my tub in random directions till it bounces off of
something and changes direction. (it has googly eyes painted on it to
enhance the craziness of spinning -- I of course gave mine a more
serious paint job...) It could easily get away from you and vanish in a
lake, I guess.

It was on clearance for something like 3 or 4 dollars.