Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] a Backyard Project ? : )

>From: Pierre Poulin <pipo305@hotmail.com>
>
> Right Carl,
>
> I'm soooo eager to try to cross that border in august with my psub... I
> think I will video tape that "special" moment to show at the convention!
>
> Pierre

I'd like to see that video, too.  However, if you do this, be careful.
There was a case here where a person video-taped an incident
with a cop [ I don't recall whether it was a routine traffic stop ] not
living up to the standards of being a *civil* servant.  It was used as
evidence in court. The officer claimed "invasion of privacy" despite
the fact; he is a *public servant",  "on duty", "in a public place", and
and confronting "John Q. Public" prior to the I.D.   The camera and
video tape were confiscated and the judge ruled in favor of the
police officer!

You might want to be inconspicuous and discrete while taping any
incidents at the Canadian-US border and thereafter.  Start taping
at home at the point of departure and say you're doing a Docu-Journal
for your trip to the pSub convention and not just a specific incident.

--Steve