Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pampanito

>From: Mad Pirate Shin <psub_only_temporary@hotmail.com>
>
>   I stopped by to see the USS Pampinito on my way to the PSubs convention
> last year and spoke with an old volunteer whose name escapes me.  During our
> conversation, the story of said movie came up and he mentioned that while
> the sub had to be towed, its engines were used to generate power for the
> film crew.  The sub is still seaworthy, but the prop was removed by the Navy
> to make it un-operational.  One of the obvious modifications made for use as
> a static display was to cut out the hatches to make room for staircases in
> and out of the sub.  She's not dead yet, but she will never dive again.

Interesting !  Hmmm, "Mad Pirate" eh.  How mad are you?
If the Pampanito is still seaworthy how about a little stealth
welding of that screw and hatch and then some midnight piracy?
I would say about 2 maybe 3 hours tops out and thereafter
20 to life in a federal greybar motel?  But what a story that would make!

--Steve