Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] question about Diver Lockout.

Hi Phil,
I beg to differ, old son. The Tudlik PS-2 was the second PC-8 (a 42" diameter
C boat, 1000 foot capable) built in partnership for work in Canada. A second
hull (48" diameter C boat, also) was to be a vehicle specific to under ice
diving with internal nicad batteries, but was never built, and became,
eventually, PC-1201. The third PC-8 hull was not sold and became the first of the PC-14s
under Ty Merritt's able guidance. The PS-2 went to Italy, along with the old
PC-5, although not at the same time. The 1201 went to the North Sea via
Bremerhaven for Intersub. I bent the tubing for it and fabbed or helped fab much of
the bracketry, decks, motor mounts and the like. A year later I took PC-8 as
pilot and the year after that got 1201, so I guess that's full circle. The 18s
were initiated for Intersub, as well, although it was a popular design and
sold all around (I think there were six of those, eventually). I hate to think of
it as a sign, although one supposes it is a sign of the times.
Best Regards,
Vance