Re: Tools used - was [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bill Gifford's Project

>From: Alec Smyth <Asmyth@changepoint.com>
>
>My two cents... don't buy something until you need it.
>............snip................

Don't short change yourself. That was worth at least 3.5 cents :)

Thus far, between you and Carsten, the heavy equipment like
a crane and your "sub dolly" would be a must at the start just
to maneuver the vessel shell in addition to any other heavy
shop machinery.

Plus, it appears the cost of tools and support materials nearly
equals the cost of the sub itself?  If one estimates a bottom line
figure of $15000USD for the sub then figure at least another $15K
for the shop setup.

Any part of the project farmed out to outside services and/or craftsmen
and what were the costs?  [ in other words, a task better left to an
expert rather than costly experimentation ].

>But you know what? None of the above are as important as a very patient
>wife.

( is your wife looking over your shoulder?  ;-)
Hmmm, well okay, I have my own take on moms, wives, and old girl
friends, but I'll not travese that slippery slope.  I think I've already
commented enough in past messages.

-Steve