Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My sub on the moki exchange.

Hi Steve!

Actualy, the shape is the most close to a cylinder that I can build by
myself. The base shape was cylindrical at the start but money got the better
of it and I decided to build myself as most as possible.

The displacement of the habitacle is 1092 lbs.

The two ballasts on the sides are positionned that low for two reasons, 1- I
wanted the vent valve to be inside the sub and no cunning tower. 2- to lower
the center of gravity when they are full of water. The bottom of the
ballasts are connected to a valve before exiting to open water so I can
switch from soft ballast to Main Ballast Tank. I also have a pressure gage
for the pressure inside the ballast.

As you may have noticed in the cad picture, no motors or batteries yet. I
will install those during phase II of the project (next year).

Pierre Poulin

P.S. I'm a sci-fi fan too! The design reminde me of a TIE interceptor. The
name I wanted to give IT was TEE (Twin Electric Engines)...