Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] More Batteries....power configuration?

Hey everyone,

      So I get it: Higher voltage is better. I'm tempted to use two or three different banks of batteries, one or two running at high voltage for the main motor (s) and another at 12 volts to power accessories (Microwave for pizza and blender for margaritas). Assuming I've got a whole lot of 12-volt batteries, how do I connect them to make higher voltage with which I'd feed the motors? How far down does the endurance of a battery bank go when running at higher voltages than 12, or doesn't it make a difference? I'm still a little fuzzy when it comes to electrons.

      Also, I'd been wondering if there was a standard set of formulas for figuring the pressures exerted on a sub at a given depth, and consequently what thickness of a given material must be used to make the hull. I'm trying to flesh out my sub on paper before I start building.

      Thanks and best regards,

      Matt