Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Russian and Soviet subs

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:04:55 -0800 (PST) Chris Nugent writes:

>   A few years ago I bought a book called "The Soviet Submarine Fleet:
> A Photographic Survey", by John Berg.  This book has pretty detailed
>descriptions along with photos of various masts, snorts,
>direction-finders, etc, and their relative positions on the sail.

That's what I need!   Do you know if it's still in print?

>Also had identifying characteristics to go by in the unlikely event
>you'd spot one surfaced at sea somewhere, and info on deployments and
>number of ships in class.

Funny thing is that none of the few references I have are in agreement
on everything.    Being in the USSR must have been a surreal experience
sometimes.

>  Covers diesel-electric and nukes up to 1985
>(time of printing) Hope this helps.

Thanks.   That'll do it.

Mike Holt

Only $9.95 per month!