RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Passive vs active sonar

It depends on where you aim it.  BottomLine fishfinders have a
sidefinder that will see fish out to something like 120 feet, maybe more
I don't exactly remember, as well as down.  Wiring up several heads into
an array shouldn't be much of a challenge for the electronically
informed.  Color displays are also available.  How cool would that be?