Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Miscellanous ideas

>From: Warren Greenway <opensourcesub@yahoo.com>
> You could actually record a signature of a speed boat,
> and use a Fourier WaveForm analysis to match the
> waveforms and set off an alarm. I don't actually claim
> to understand Fourier analysis, but the algorithms
> are readily available.
>
> Warren.

Well, I didn't think this topic would get any responses beyond
Warren. But let me add one more *possibility* from Warren's
3D engine program along with the collision detection. The
transform engine has possibilities, too.  With some reworking
or modification of the transform algorithms a wavelet transform
engine or signal processor to visual display could be created
from the collision detection data. A discrete cosine transform
engine algorithm, which is a form of a fourier transform [ if memory
serves :-o ] can be used as a basic framework.

--Steve