[PSUBS-MAILIST] Miscellanous ideas

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:41:20 1100 (UTC) peter  mckellar  writes:

>maybe not a workable idea at present, still its more thoughts to
>consider.  btw i LOVE the collision detection software idea :))

One idea I've kicked around more than once is a hydrophone
that would listen for certain frequencies and sound an alarm
when they were detected.    What I had in mind for this was to
listen for a sound or sounds that are characteristic of all
outboards.   Since most of us will be operating in waters
that have lots of outboard traffic, the idea seemed a natural
one.

I presume the sounds of the lower unit gears would be what
the gadget would listen for.

Mike

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com