RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Blue-green laser (was: Empress of Ireland)

Right. I know what you want to do now. It is certainly
possible, it has been done before, in fact. I don't
remember the name of the company that did it, though.
Be forwarned: You will be using the highest
performance
GFLOP TI DSPs available. You will need highly refined
low level programming skills, and high level data
construct skills. I am a professional programmer who
happens to be very experienced in that type of work,
and I gulp at the thought. I would love to tackle it
if I was getting paid to work on it! My dad designed
an instrument for Decagon Devices that used high-speed
laser radar to create precise 3D pictures...The
technology won't work underwater, however.

Warren.