Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] custom question

Very well said.

I've been in lots of places where Americans are not welcome.  When in
these places, the operative word is camouflage... you learn to speak a
bit of German, Arabic, Kurdish, or whatever and don't wear baseball
caps.  You eat what the wives of the nice men with the AK47's are
serving you and you don't ask what it is. You don't defend Israel in the
Middle East, and you don't order "freedom fries".

A departure from this recipe for table manners could lead to a
disagreement punctuated with flying projectiles.  It would be nice to
cure people of bigotry, but we never will.

I live in a city that was originally an old French colony... indeed the
plot my house is situated on is surveyed in the old French long-lot
system.  Despite all this, some of the locals here would as soon ship
Lady Liberty back to France... in pieces, if they knew her origin.  O'
course most of those who feel that way don't know that she is an
immigrant from France.

I am so envious of you guys that get to go to the convention!  Well,
have fun anyway.