Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hello everybody

Hi Tim,

> I'm new to Psubs but have been interested since I was in the Navy as a Sonar
> tech.

Welcome aboard!

> The type of sub I am designing is going to be an underwater power glider.
> If any body is familiar with the airplane type powergliders they are pretty
> much airplanes with longer wings so they don't need as much power to stay
> up.  Or the engin can be used to get the plane to altitude then shut down
> for a glide.

Sounds a little like mine.  Sadly I don't have much info for you though, I'm
still stuck in the planning stage :(

I'm trying to build a 1/6 scale version (Ken sized) so that I can do basic
control testing in a backyard or community pool (Tethered Control).  Mine is
basically a glorified TOW, so the occupant needs to don SCUBA gear for the
ride.  I'm also planning on keeping relatively shallow, again due mostly to
the SCUBA requirements.

There's a bunch of wrecks around here (Vancouver Island) that I'd love to
visit.  We have a pretty kewl artificial reef society that just loves blowing
up (sinking) ships for our enjoyment :)

Steve