Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Adapter for scuba regulator first stage

You might consider this ... instead of adapting to the existing valve ...how about removing it and screwing the scuba valve into it's spot.

> From: SFreihof@aol.com
> Date: 2003/01/29 Wed PM 11:31:58 EST
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Adapter for scuba regulator first stage
>
> I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out here...
>
> I'm designing and building a 2 man ambient dry sub.  I'll be carrying scuba
> tanks in the cabin, mostly for emergency or excursion.  For blowing ballast
> tanks etc., I plan on carring two (large commercial welding tank size)
> compressed air cylinders externally.
>
> The cylinders available in that size have a valve that looks a lot like a
> faucet.  I want to hook a scuba regulator first stage to this valve.  I will
> need an adapter to do it.
>
> Is anything like that available?  If yes, where?  If not, how hard would it
> be to design and fabricate such an adapter?  I suspect a CAD would help?
> Does anybody else need anything like this?
>
> Feedback please!
>
> Stan Freihofer
> 2 man Ambient Dry
> Ft. Lauderdale

Roger June
REJ and Company
513-300-1189
rjune@fuse.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.