Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS Pressure hull basic layout.

I looked them up, and remembered why they were crushed by the
MSP430s in our evaluations. They have an 8051 compatible core.
We had them all in house, and ran them all through their paces.
The MSP430 out-performed the other MCUs, many of which had much
high clock rates, and even MIPS ratings. It also consumed less
current by two orders of magnitude. Then there was the Van-Numen
architecture...I think that if we wanted to move up a step we
would need to go to the ARM cpus, but that would be killing a
gnat with a sledge! I have a windowing operating system driving
a FAT filesystem and a graphics display, plus keypad and analog
interfaces in half the Flash on-chip. I used the Atmel/Cygnal/
NEC 8051 compatible cpus and they failed the test worse then any
of the other candidates.

Warren.