From: BauWauHausDesign@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Welcome to the Personal_Submersibles_Discussion

In a message dated 1/27/03 3:15:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, emm03@mirapoint.uow.edu.au writes:

Sounds scary...I suggest you test this hull to a few times
operating depth before you get inside it...........just to
make sure you have it right..
EM.

Hey EM,

Scary because you are operating from a particular design perspective, but not the only one.To demonstrate this, here's a question:

When is rubber stronger than metal? Answer:

At the bottom of the ocean. Take a rubber balloon and a soda can to the bottom of the sea and the balloon (though smaller) is intact, yet the can is flattened. Why? Obviously because the balloon was elastic and was able to shrink under the pressure. What I have designed provides mechanical elasticity, not that the hull actually changes shape, just how the pressure differential is interpreted. In theory, a paper bag could withstand the pressures of the deep seas utilizing this process.

anyways, thanks for inquiring,

jeffrey