Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers

On Monday, Jan 20, 2003, at 21:29 US/Central, Warrend Greenway wrote:

> An SCR is similar to a latching relay, and a FET is similar to a
> non-latching
> relay. FETs only work full-on and full-off. They destroy themselves if
> you
> use them in an "analog" manner.

Okay -- so tell me what a latching relay is, and I'll be all set.

Pardon me if I missed messages in this thread where this was already
discussed, but didn't John Farrington and Monica build their own PWM
controller? Oh yes, I have it bookmarked here:
http://www.prismnet.com/~jrf/SubPics/page017.html.

(By the way, and completely OT, can somebody suggest a likely place to
look for basic electronic components -- preferably someplace that would
have parts lists or circuit diagrams for lots of consumer electronic
gizmos? I need to replace a component in a JVC stereo, and it's too
damaged to read what it was so I need to go by the number printed on
the PCB.)

David
buchner@wcta.net