Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Please see.

I was just meaning that it could be done.  That's all.
      Depending on how deep you wish to go.  If the lakes in your area,
(presumably Iowa) are not very deep then maybe it does make sense.  I
myself would go for either a rolled plate (for larger sizes) or pipeline
pipe for sizes less than 1219.2 mm OD. I would put internal re-enforcing
rings, and have the hull bolt together in case I ever wished to change some
thing inside.

But, the big thing here is I haven't actually done anything, (yet).  So I'm
just an I'm just an armchair PSUB'er hoping to gain insight and possibly
offer some to others.

Jay.

 PS  What is the Hull WT for your sub?

PPS Also where do you get your U-xxx information.  My site says U-465 sunk
2 may.  I was just curious about the slight differences.
I generally check Uboat.net.

Jay.

                      MerlinSub@t-online.de
                      (Carsten Standfuss)               To:       personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-personal_submersible        Subject:  Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Please see.
                      s@psubs.org

                      21/01/2003 09:18 AM
                      Please respond to
                      personal_submersibles

See what ? - nice shallow water sub - 5 USD more
for a custom rolled shell and it dives 10 times deeper..

I want not to blame Bill nice work - but from my view at
dive deep / work hours / to money realation - even a new
closed propane tank as sub shell makes no sence..

Search the archive for "propane tank"

regards Carsten