Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] PWM Controllers

Yes, PWM does stand for pulse width modulation. This means that the
voltage is modulated between ground (negative) and positive supply
voltage...Although it doesn't have to work this way...So to get a
0.50 or 50 percent duty cycle, I hold to output high for, say, 10
miliseconds and low (ground or negative) for 10 miliseconds. Because
of the load on the supply, the voltage becomes basically the raw
supply multiplied by the duty cycle in percent: 12V * 0.75 = 9V, If
the load was zero the voltage would be 12V, but "no load" means
"no use", right?

Warren

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/