RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

Most pickup trucks can tow 10000 pounds (4500 kgs) so weight isn't too
much of a restriction, but you will want a 4x4 at the boat ramp.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Dan H.
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 5:49 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

The wish list looks like it's coming along well.  I like the "Required "
list especially, but I think the size is getting a little large for
something that will actually get built?

Maybe one of the first things that should be considered is, are we
looking to design a sub that can be trailered behind a standard sized
SUV or pickup truck, or one that requires more to move it.  Establish
the displacement constraints rather then the details.

Establishing a realistic budget may do well early on too.  It's probably
the main reason there aren't a flood of Psubs in the water already. Keep
in mind, every square center meter of volume adds to both cost and
weight.

My hat is off to Carstan for the project he has taken on, but reality
is, I know he's way out of my league.

Dan H.