Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS diameter

I guess that's the one problem I have with the 1 meter diameter.
I didn't really want to sit in that area, and that smaller diameter
would necessiate it. Here's a question for all on this: Do we need
the diameter to remain constant down the length of the dub? You really
only need the hull diameter to be generous right where you are going
to sit. What about necking the pressure sull down? This could also
facilitate a smoother fairing, since the tanks, pods, and such could
come out just to the diameter of the large hull section. If you are
going to do flanges anyhow, I can't see any real reason not to do this
and save a lot on weight and size while retaining comfort space.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/