Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet

> From: jbarlow@bjservices.ca
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] OSS spec sheet
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:00:13 -0700
|July 24, 2002) at 2003-01-15 12:01:34 PM

> Maybe the batteries would be a seperate load to keep the weight down
> and add batteries at launch site.  Safety drop weight as well??
>
> Comments?

Then you will be assembling a bunch of heavy parts dock side to end up
with one sub that was so heavy you couldn't manage in the first place.

Also imagine dropping off your hull as you go home to get your battery
pods. All those kids and curiousity seekers crawling through your hull
and taking home souvenirs.

The sub is going to have to be a single unit. I would prefer under 5000
pounds.

Regards,
Ray