Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Adopt a standard and focus the disscussion.

Hi Warren,

Try: http://www.eagle.org/rules/downloads/07-UWVS2002.pdf

Regards,
Ray

> From: "Warrend Greenway" <dub@linuxmail.org>
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:28:21 +0800
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Adopt a standard and focus the disscussion.
>
> I have ASME standards books, but I am interested in ABS. Can
> you send me a link to where I can get an ABS book?
>
> Warren.
>
> > I suggest you fellows adopt a standard like ABS and ASME and then discuss
your design in an ordered fashion as set forth within the standard. Everyone has
access to the ABS rules for building and classing subs and can then discuss
design in a fashion that puts everyone on the same page. You could start with
Section 6 for instance, design the shell and do the calculations and then
reference the other codes. I'm not suggesting you build a sub that totally
adheres to ABS but this will give everyone experience in defining all the
variables (Like what exactly is the distance of the centroid of the stiffener
cross section alone to the closer shell surface, ect ect.). I believe everyone's
understanding of a Psub will progress in a more effective manner, going from
"uh, that would be cool" to " hey, I want to know if it will really work and
meet the cool factor too." Coming up with real numbers and discussing or
debating the real meanings behind some of the, not so straight forwar!
> d !
> !
> verbage, in these standards (in my opinion) is what makes a real subman. As
this approach will provide the tools necessary in the collective design,
individuals can test their "secret" ideas as applicable in their personal
designs.