[PSUBS-MAILIST] Shark Skin Effect

Hi Folks

There was some discussion a while back about sharks skin and the way the
denticles produce a laminate flow over it reducing drag. I was looking
through some scratch notes I made a few years back on trawl doors and I
am quite sure a company tried rolling a pattern on steel plate that
would replicate the effect and for some reason I think it may have been
NETS of Seattle.
I will delve into my files or should I say large confused heap on the
floor and get some more info, it may not be a practical finish for a sub
hull but it may have some advantages on control surfaces and appendages.

Regards, Garry