Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Open source cad/sub tools

>From: Ian Roxborough <irox@ix.netcom.com>
>

> There are a bunch of open source CAD packages, but the more complex
> the package the harder it is to use.
>
> They are a number of other open source tools that could be
> interesting to use with submarines..............

>.....................snip....................

Thanks Ian !

I know there is a whole slew of Linux forums on the net and
I subscribe to some of them, but there aren't too many Linux
savants out there with a particular ( peculiar? ) bent towards
submersibles like I have found on "pSubs" .  Plus, there is a
modicum and sense for civilized behaviour and manners more
prevalent here than in other forums, so I'm not as hesitant to
ask stupid questions or be corrected over any mistaken notions
I might have held.  Anyway, I'll check those sources out.

> Here is a piece of software used to analyze IGC flight data
> from a flight data recorder:
> I've been wondering if this could be adapted for use with
> submarines,  the tricky part would be the dive recorder.

I'd be interested in that, too.  Hopefully you'll share your findings
and progress in the future?

--Steve