Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2002 PSUBS Award Winners

When I read the first post concerning, shall we say, the K450...I was intrigued.
Why don't we get together a wish list? What do people want that the present Ks
don't have? How can they be improved? I personally would like to have a sub like
the K350, but with a couple changes.

1. Run at ambient on demand to facilitate diving from sub.
2. Longer pressure hull.
3. Longer run time.
4. Higher speed.
5. Electronic navigation and evironmental systems.

Are there any others? Is there anyway we could post some schematics and bang our
heads together until we resolve the changes? To me #1 on my list is also
the most important. I think that #2 and #3 will be required to make number one work.
Higher speed could be made scalable, perhaps, so that higher speeds simply mean
dumping more money into the batteries and motor to achieve whatever level of performance
you need. Everything in #5 should be superfical only. All gauges should still have an
analog/mechanical primary. The electronic could be made as an optional reference design,
so that the sub doesn't require it and you can save money by omiting it altogether. Am
I up in the sky on this? I would love to build a "K450" if it was worked out with all
you other bright minds and proven viable.

Warren.

--
http://www.linuxmail.org/