Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] old Gov. rebreather plans

Well... I have seen some old paperwork over the years... but 1919?

OK, publications are maintained in print for as long as they are useful... that is to say, until they are superceded by something else.  At that time, they are either distributed to interested soldiers and sailors at the unit level and/or disposed of in whatever manner is deemed appropriate at higher levels.  These days they would be recycled... but in let's say 1950, to be really generous, they would have wound up in a landfill or burned if considered classified documents.

Probably your best chance of getting a copy of that publication would be to contact the author of the book... if he is still alive.  Alternatively, a museum or library... hopefully devoted to the specific subject matter.  There is a museum locally that has just that sort of stuff in it... and I've also got a buddy who is a Naval Public Affairs NCO... I'll see what I can dig up... but it might take a while.  If I find it, I'll post it somewhere that everyone can see it.

What is the author and title of the book you found the reference in?  When making inquiries of this kind, it adds credibility if you know things like that.  File clerks are more willing to help if they are reasonably certain that whatever you ask them to find did in fact exist at one time.

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 19:49, William Alford wrote:
At 06:59 AM 1/9/2003 -0500, Michael B Holt wrote:

>AIR SERVICE MEDICAL [Washington DC, US Government Printing Office, 1919]

>Was there a patent number available?

That's all I got. Reference in a book. I'd like to see too.

>There's gotta be some way to track the publication from 1919.

I'm sure the gov has a copy of everything they ever did. Anybody work there?

William Alford
walford@dbtech.net

Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Dale A. Raby