Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 Scrubber

This sounds like the basic idea behind a lot of the homebuilt rebreathers.Sounds to me like the easiest way for you
to proceed would be to build a basic rebreather unit, and instead of a DSV, use a lower-face mask to cover your nose
and mouth to supply fresh air. ABS tubing is what a lot of guys are using for the scrubber canister, Apparently the
clear plastics like plexiglass and lexan do not like alkali. The unit I am working on uses a stainless tube for the
canister with a small tempered glass "sight window" from the hydraulics industry. Email me directly if you like, I
can provide some links and compare notes on my homebuilt unit.