Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] A modular K-350.

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:45:40 -0800 (PST)
Ray Keefer <Ray.Keefer@Sun.COM> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> Kittredge built a K-350 with a diesel engine. The stern dome was held
> inplace with bolts placed radially around a flange that circled the hull.
> This allowed the hull to be opened up for serviceing the engine.

I really like this idea.  Can any one tell me the specifications and
calculations (if any) for making such a join?  Is there an O-ring or
is it just metal on metal?

> He built it for a guy in Alaska. He thought it might be a planter box
> somewhere by now.
>
> Last I heard from Kittredge was he was working on putting a small diesel
> into his K-600.

It might be a simpler/better idea to put everything in the same pressure
vessel.   I don't think I've heard of a sub which has it's engine in
a pod and there probably are good reasons...

Ian.