From: Ian Roxborough [mailto:irox@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:04 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] A modular K-350.

Hi,

I've been thinking a lot about what I'd like in my first
(and maybe last) submarine.  I find myself drawn to the
proven designs of Capt. Kittredge, but at the same time
would like more surface range and ability to operate without
a support vessel or tender in more open waters.

What I'm thinking is that I could build a K-350, only
with minor changes, like everything can be unbolted from the
pressure hull, more places to bolt on fairings and bits,
the ability to add larger battery pods, and even the
ability to add a second smaller pressure hull containing
things like small diesel generators or hydrogen fuel cell.

I've uploaded a graphic to show what I mean:
http://www.prismnet.com/~moki/subfiles.html
(The white pressure-vessel contains the generator.)

Although, I suspect the outer appearance of the nose would
endup looking more like that of the Marlin S-101.

So to start I would build an almost normal K-350 and
operate it for a while.  Then as I feel the need, I can start
stage two and modify it with what I feel is missing.

I'm interested to hear what others thing about this idea.
Thanks,
   Ian.