Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient pressure sub hardware

Stan

Yes I plan on using an AirLine hookah system for the air supply. Very good point I'll have a check valve in the supply line.  I though about the check valve in the purge line but decided I would rather start flooding than putting crushing preasure on a flat acrylic view port.

Here is the current design:
http://www.djackson99.netfirms.com/sub/Sub_H4_files/index.html

This all comes back to my on going major concern about the hatches.  I plan to have bottom dive hatch that opens outward.  That one I am not too concerned about.  But I also want a top hatch so I can stay dry in cold water.  If the hatch opened inward it would be easier to build and less likely to leak but it would require us to wait for the cabin to completely flood before we could open it.  My thinking is that maybe that is fine, because opening it outward for an emergency escape before the cabin was flooded could really knock us about, and I don't want to drop the spare air cylinder.

Perhaps the bottom hatch could be build to swing inward too.  It would require some squirming around in order to let it swing inward. But that would let us open the bottom hatch and equalize without completely flooding in order to make our escape.

Other Ideas?

Where can is see your design?  I have not seen many Ambient Dry
designs.

Thanks!
Doug Jackson
Tulsa, Oklahoma