      Miletus foot, 12.52 inches....
      Olympia foot, 12.64 inches....
      Eturia foot, 12.44 inches....
      Rome foot, 11.66 inches....
      North foot, 13.19 inches....
      England foot, 13.19 inches....
      France foot, 12.79 inches....
      Moscow foot, 13.17 inches;

And then there are the off-the-wall comparisons, which I will only
mention here- angstrom units, arpent, astronomical units, aune, bolts,
cable, cable lengths, cape foot, cape rood, chains, cubits, digit,
digitus, ells, em/pica, hands, knots, leagues, li, lines, liniya, links,
miglio, milion, milliar, nail, paces, palmi, palms, parsecs, passus,
pes, picas, pie, points, ri, Sabbath's day journey, skiens, spans,
stadia, stadion, stadium, toise, tu, verst, and lastly, zoll.

Carl

--
"You delight not in a city's seven or seventy wonders, but in an answer
it gives to a question of yours, or the question it asks you, forcing