Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Argonaut Junior replica

Are you going to use double-planked pitch pine, nails, canvas and tar like the original? What is the power source in the original?  If historical accuracy is not the goal, then get a rear end with the drive shaft from the junkyard. Put tubes in the tires and fill them with water, separate the emergency brake cables so you can steer by locking the wheels independently. It would be dangerous, but you could take an old rear wheel dive axel, power train, and engine, then turn the rear axel upside down so reverse is now forward. At 14 feet you would have to extend the drive shaft and the engine could sit in front of the rear wheel tiller.

I love the project idea.  It would be great for a high school class.  Please let me know what web or book resources you found with details on the Argonaut Junior.

--Doug Jackson