Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fresh water sub tourism

That would be interesting. The current there is horrendous. Most boats cannot even traverse the area. The other major problem with that area is the silt. I have seen them using depth sounders and such to try and get readings and map the bottom contours of the Niagara River, but there is so much of a silt concentration there they wont work. If the silt is so strong a depth sounder cant penitrate it, I would imagine visibility will be very, very poor.

They do have some boats called "maid of the mist" that operate in the less-current areas around the base of the falls, I guess current isnt too bad there.

 Coalbunny wrote:

Would be interesting to the Niagra Falls underwater. uh, no. I mean
underwater BELOW the falls. I don't expect to see much but my past
flashing before my eyes if it was upstream....lol!
Carl

--
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: That if one advances
confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the

Wolf

http://www.wolfmaan.com