Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fresh water sub tourism

     I for one would pay to go on a submarine to see a B-29.  Or wrecks in
the Great Lakes.  To see dark a murky muddy bottom though probably not.
Some people would pay to see "planted" wrecks though.  There are ones like
that I have seen, but I'm not sure where just now.

Jay.

Thanks,

J. Barlow CET
Sr. Mechanical Designer
BJ Pipeline Inspection

Ph  (403) 531-5412
Fax (403) 236-8740
Cell (403) 807-2195

                    Michael B Holt
                    <tlohm@juno.com>                  To:     personal_submersibles@psubs.org
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    owner-personal_submersibles       Subject:     Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fresh water sub tourism
                    @psubs.org

                    08/10/2002 07:10 AM
                    Please respond to
                    personal_submersibles

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:24:46 -0700 (PDT) Ricci Dustin writes:
>I guess the key to fresh water sub tourism is wrecks.

I wonder if it would be possible to create one's own wrecks?
Just sink something after it's been "fixed up" to be more
interesting.

>I am looking at Lake Mead in Nevada. This is the
>largest man made lake in North America.

How deep is it?   How much other traffic is there? You'd have
to set up safe lanes for submarine operation, just to avoid
running into the curious.

>It is full of
>wrecks. And it is 20 minutes from Las Vegas so the
>tourist traffic is there to pull from. There is even a
>B-29 that went down in the 40s and is still intact.

A sunken B-29?   What else do you know about this
one?  Is it a dive site?

>I would still love to here from anyone who dove on the
>Auguste Piccard or knows anything about the tours it
>dove.

That's a good question.  I wonder at what point the operation
of that boat became too expensive.  The story of that tourism
business would make a very good book for Carsten to write.

Mike H.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.