Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Increasing pressure inside hull

Depends on depths and time. To surface without a stage break
against decomression tickness - means surface slowly but without a stop
for scuba divers about :

40 Minutes in 20 meters (66 ft)
17 Minutes in 30 meters (98 ft)
 6 Minutes in 42 meters (138 ft)
 4 Minutes in 51 meters (167 ft)
 3 Minutes in 60 meters (197 ft)
 2 Minutes in 63-84 meter (207-276 ft)
 1 Minutes in 87 and deeper.. (286ft -..)

If you stay longer and surface without some stops - there is a great
posibilty to get diver bends..

The maximum deep divers was (in a chamber) was 650 meter (2135 ft)
and it needs a month or so to bring them back to normal pressure.

If you stay deeper as 40-50 meter for more than a couple of minutes you
need a Trimix or heliox air gas mixture..

If you surface to quick - gasbubbles blown out in your blood.
Open a bottle of champaine to see the effekt..

A ambient sub driver without a dive course is more or less the
same as diver without a divecourse - just bloody crazy and stupid
a fucking amateur.. (hard words but maybe save someday a live or two..)

Carsten - progress is great here - will send some pictures within the
next 2-3 weeks..