Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Increasing pressure inside hull

Thank you.  That makes  sense.  I was also wondering if anyone knows what
the Max pressure the human body is capable on enduring and what sort of
effects one can expect.

Jay.

Thanks,

J. Barlow CET
Sr. Mechanical Designer
BJ Pipeline Inspection

Ph  (403) 531-5412
Fax (403) 236-8740
Cell (403) 807-2195

                    "Thijs Struijs"
                    <thijs-struijs@planet.nl>         To:     <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    owner-personal_submersibles       Subject:     Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Increasing pressure inside hull
                    @psubs.org

                    30/09/2002 02:42 PM
                    Please respond to
                    personal_submersibles

Jay,

Increasing pressure is done in case of an emergency escape from a sub. In
the Busby book page 660 - 665 you can read more about it. It isn't fun. I
doubt if you need to increase pressure in case of a leak. I suppose in most
cases leaks are limmited to water seaping through seals. In other cases you
won't have time to react (crushing viewports, or a pressurehull buckling).
So I don't think it is worth while making a safety system like you
discribe.

Thijs Struijs