Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My PSUB Explorer

I only know it by that.  It is/was an experimental drive for a submarine
intended for speed, I believe.  Take a submarine and put torpedo tubes
running horizontal along the bottom.  Except they aren't torp's, they go
to the prop, which is inside the tubes.  Wider at the front and narrower
at the back, I believe.  Anyhow, it uses the same principle used by my
industry- mining.  Look for information on suction dredging.  Jeene
Engineering makes those kinds of dredges.  You have a little bit of high
pressure water coming in at an angle, and it creates a suction brining
in a lot more water through the bigger tube.  I'll have to sketch out
the thing I saw and get it scanned.  Was many years back.  Don't even
remember who I saw had it or where.  But that was the name, I believe.
Reportedly could increase speed with no noticeable increase in power
consumption.
Carl

--
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: That if one advances
confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the