Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure compensating ambient

>  Anyone have any thoughts on pressure compensating ambient subs?
>
> I'm playing with an idea that, a properly constructed ambient does not need
> to match external pressure instantly but rather at a pre regulated rate of
> maybe 1atm per minute.

    Anyone?  Any ideas?  Come on, somebody out there must have thought
    about this one before.

    If I dive to 50 feet then charge to the surface for a jump, the internal pressure
    should change very little, but if I decide to cruise at depth, the internal pressure
    would slowly become ambient , then upon ascent the pressure would again
    equalize at a slow safe rate.

    I'm open to any suggestions, what may sound crazy today is what we'll all take
    for granted tomorrow.

    Doc