Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scrubbers

As far as quieting the fan, try placing it somewhere that is not directly
exposed.  For example, have the intake low in the sub (one concept I have seen
is a perforated floor within a cylindrical hull, with air intake under the
floor).  The air travels through a length of vacuum cleaner hose, for example,
to the fan which is mounted next to your scrubber (all insulated for noise and
temp.), through another length of conduit to a high point in the sub for
redistribution.  The only noise you would hear in that case is air flow at the
inlet, which can be minimized by sizing correctly.

If you want redundancy, use two fans, but both need to be strong enough to
circulate enough air on their own.  Cycle them so that they both run equivalent
hours.

Oversizing a scrubber fan doesn't really have a detrimental effect, other than
possibly increasing the total current draw of your electrical system.  The
scrubber material will not be consumed any faster by doing this, and in fact,
it may be useful to have a percievable airflow through the hull, to reduce
condensation on interior surfaces.

-Sean

Quoting rjune@fuse.net: