Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scrubbers

Try using Dayton Fans.  You can find them in a McMaster-Carr Catalog.  There available in round or square, AC or DC, and with lots of accessories, guards, filters, etc.  So that you can find the fans that I'm talking about look for part number 1976K37.  In this case its a 120mm (4.69") Square Fan with 25.4mm(1") depth, 61cfm, 12VDC, .108amps

Also remember to not oversize your fan.  I would think that you only need enough cfm to replace the air in you sub approximately every 3 to 5 minutes.

For example a sub that is 5 feet in diameter and 10 feet long would contain approximately 196 cubic feet of air.  196/3=65.3 cubic feet  196/5=39.2 cubic feet.  Based on the numbers a single fan with 61cfm should do the job.  Although personally I would use two smaller fans, this gives me some redundancy incase one fan were to fail

Roger June

> From: Coalbunny <coalbunny@vcn.com>
> Date: 2002/09/11 Wed PM 08:13:47 EDT
> To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scrubbers
>
> What happens when someone belches in there?
> Carl
>

> Steve McColman wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I know some of you are sick and tired of talking about scrubbers, BUT!
> > I have tried vacuum cleaner motors, hair dryer motors, and a simple 12 volt
> > computer fan.  They all work great.  And they are all tooooo noisy!  The CP
> > Fan is the quietest of them all, but, its still too loud.
> >
> > For those of you who havent experienced it first hand, when you are confined
> > in such a small space, every sound is amplified.
> >
> > Does anyone have any tips on "Keeping it quiet."
> >
> > I mean, I cant see the Deep Worker being as loud as my sub!
> >
> > Regards, Steve
>
> --
> "I learned this, at least, by my experiment: That if one advances
> confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the
> life one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common
> hours."  Henry David Thoreau

Roger June
REJ and Company
rjune@fuse.net