From: Adam and Teresa Lawrence [mailto:adteleka@in-tch.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 3:08 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sofnolime

This link gives the operating manual for the Clelia submersible. The life
support section gives some detail into the absorption of CO2 and the
consumption of oxygen.
www.hboi.edu/marineops/pdf/clelia_manual.doc
I am in the middle of constructing a life support system. My approach is to
construct an air tight area that is same area as the inside of  the sub.
Then run some experiments on my self using the scrubber and O2 system I
designed, all the while monitoring the concentrations of O2, CO2 and the
atmospheric pressure. The experiment will also be done at several different
temperatures.  To me, this is the only way to validate the scrubbers
performance and the performance of the chemical reaction. Sort of like
testing your hull before you attempt going all the way.

Adam