Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] acrylic sphere/lithium Hydroxide

     I'm not arguing against a P.E. looking at one's design.  I think it is
good in some cases, essential in others.  But, acrylic viewports and domes
are more cookbook than math at this point in time.  Using the PVHO
standards, anyone technically competent can in less than five minutes
obtain a thickness for a viewport of a given outside diameter, supported
diameter, proposed operating depth, and temperature range.  Many years of
research and extensive testing have gone into acrylic viewports and domes.
     I manufactured my own viewports for my sub, but I had no trouble
getting quotes from reputable manufactures.  I think that if a manufacturer
got the idea that a builder had absolutely no idea what was going on, he
might have reservations.  But, much of their liability protection is in
manufacturing acrylic that conforms to a universally accepted standard (PVHO).

G. Boucher