Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: metric system

     I seldom get involved in matters such as the one currently raging on
Psubs about Metric vs English.  But here goes...  One of the reasons that
so few that subscribe to this site have built a working submersible is
simple.  They want to fixate on some minor issue as if it is important and
must be hashed out prior to proceeding.  Then comes the arguments.  Folks,
if you can't use both the English and Metric systems, you need to go back
to school.  It does not matter in the slightest.   Just pick one and get on
with your designing.
     The metric system is better thought out.  The English system has been
around for many years and is accepted by most component manufacturers in
the U.S.  But, does it matter?  No.  My submarine was designed using the
English system, because those were the basis for most of the components I
purchased in the U.S.  When I go to my job as a university professor and
teach physics, I use the metric system for the most part.  This argument is
almost as trivial as who has the best language, French, Spanish or English.
     This group needs more focus.  There needs to be more people with
insight that are willing to move on and do something constructive.  Use
whatever system you feel most comfortable with.  Just be productive with
your choice.

Gary Boucher