[PSUBS-MAILIST] U Boats- Carsten

Greetings all-Picked up a new book over the weekend and Carsten, you came to mind immediately. "Hitler's U Boat Bases" by Jak P. Mallmann Showel, U.S. Naval Institute, copyr.2002, ISBN:1-55750-396-6, is a great reference and study of the enormous bunkers built for the Kriegsmarine during WW2. Lots of photos during the war and what they look like today. Many new ones I have never seen before. Carsten, they have photos and a short story of the Elbe II bunker in Germany where three Type XXI boats are are still underneath. Are these the ones you have dived on? The author, Showel, is the son of a Kriegsmarine U Boat man killed in 1944 during the Battle of the Atlantic. Anyone interested in submarine history will enjoy this one. Best regards to all. Carsten, I truly hope the flood waters in Germany have not gotten anywhere near you and yours.      Mark Steed