Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Busby - relevant refferences

>From: "Finn Limseth" <limseth@online.no>
>To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
>Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Busby - relevant refferences
>Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:54:12 +0200
>
>Back from holiday and THE present was waiting for me.
>THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr. Douglas R. Farrow for distributing the very
>valuable Busby books.
>
>I find this Busby book together with "Submersible Vehicle Systems Design"
>by Allmendinger from SNAME
>ISBN 0-939773-06-6 as the best background books so far.
>
>I have also learned very much from the Classification societies rules.
>(Even if most people don't certify the submeribles, it is still very good
>sense to design the sub according to set rules.)
>(This will also not exclude the possibility to get the sub certified at a
>later stage if wanted)
>
>Comparing the rules from the different societies, I find the "The Norske
>Veritas" to have the most informative rules. They have included lots of
>formulas, diagrams and very precise reasonable requirements.
>DNV no longer update these rules, (too few projects to cover the cost).
>Maybe this will make them not so worried about copyright and such things
>???
>If there is interest I could check and maybe post it to the group. It
>contains 58 pages with text, figures, formulas and diagrams. (Don't worry
>it is all written in English not Norwegian.)
>
>Regards Finn Limseth

Mr. Finn Limseth

I would be "very" pleased if you can send these "The Norske Veritas"
documents.

I am trying to design in acc. to ASME Sec.VIII but want to check in acc. to
a standart that is written for exactly submersibles.

ABS got a online document 07-UWVS2002.pdf.This could be usefull also.

Thanks

Sukru K. Mergen